Work With Us
Thank you for your interest in applying for a job with us. Early Break ensures that every stage of our recruitment process is fair and reasonable.
If you have any queries about a vacancy, please contact Early Break Support Services at email@example.com or by calling 0161 723 3880.
Loss & Bereavement Counsellor
EB Pay Spine point 28, £23,620 (pro rata) per annum
Fixed term 7 Hour a week appointment for 1 year in the first instance, primarily based in Bury with opportunity to increase hours dependant on funding
Employment Opportunity for Counsellors with experience in both Loss/Bereavement and children/ young people counselling
An opportunity has arisen for qualified Counsellor(s) with experience in Loss/Bereavement work. The role is to work within the parameters of the Early Break Service and offer formal counseling to vulnerable young people and children. The work will focus on addressing issues of bereavement and loss as well as signpost where appropriate, into other relevant provisions to best meet the child’s needs. This will include Safeguarding duties where appropriate. The role will support to develop the wider counseling/emotional wellbeing offer within Early Break and the successful postholder(s) will contribute to policy development and reporting.
You will: –
• Have achieved a level 4 or equivalent counselling qualification
• Have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
• Have up to date relevant professional development and ongoing engagement in clinical supervision, preferably be an accredited member of the BACP
• Have experience of working with Bereavement or Loss
• Have experience of working with children and young people in a therapeutic setting
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including computer literacy
• Have well developed organisational skills in managing deadlines, timetables, multi-tasking and setting priorities, taking responsibility for own time management
• Be a reflective practitioner
Recruitment pack available from firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 1 November 2019 at 12 noon
Interview date: 8 November 2019